Pre-Fatigue Arms Routine
The pre-fatigue method is another I learnt from world-renowned strength coach Charles Poliquin. It is perfect for those that have hit a plateau with their arm development, as it will add size to your arms fast when incorporated with the correct nutrition and recovery methods.
NB This means getting ample sleep and eating enough to aid in growth and recovery. They say you are what you eat, so if you eat like a five year old girl…
The routine is not for the faint hearted but if done correctly it is brilliant for adding muscle to your arms fast! I have used this with great success with my personal training clients.
- A1 Supinated Grip EZ Bar Preacher Curls 5 x 10-12 3010 rest 10s
- A2 Chin Ups 5 x 6-8 3011 rest 90s
- A3 Lying EZ Bar Triceps Extensions 5 x 10-12 3010 rest 10s
- A4 Parallel Bar Dips 5 x 6-8 3110 rest 90s
- Tension must be maintained on the muscles in question at all times. This is not a routine for those that can’t leave their ego at the door when weight training and insist on lifting the heaviest weights possible to the detriment of anything that resembles good form.
- Have all the correct weights ready to go, ten seconds rest between exercises means ten seconds rest, not ten seconds plus another sixty to have a drink and look for the correct weights.
- You will need to lower the weights used as progress through the session as there is incomplete rest between each set.
- This may be difficult to perform in a busy corporate gym. In this instance I would perform all five sets of biceps exercises first with 120s rest between each superset then repeat the process with the five sets of triceps exercises.
For best results complete the workout twice per week for 3 weeks alongside a sensible muscle building orientated nutrition plan. For additional support, consider our personal training in Shoreditch. Get in touch for more information.