Intermediate Fat Loss Training Program
Last month I posted a beginner program for you guys to follow. Hopefully you’ve stuck to the program and managed to get some great results! In this article I want to give you something a little more advanced, that’s going to test you and ensure that you keep progressing towards your targets.
This program is a fantastic progression for those looking to drop body fat, but if you haven’t yet completed the beginner workout, please do so! Slowly slowly catchy monkey!
In the beginner program, we focused on super-setting 2 exercises together, using a total of 6 exercises and 18 sets. If you followed the program correctly you should have been able to decrease your rest time between these super sets. Now, with your fitness levels improved, we’re going to take it a step further using 9 exercises and 29 sets in total, meaning we are getting a lot more volume to the program.
Here’s the program…
- A1 Romanian Deadlift – 4 x 8-10 rest 10
- A2 Incline DB Press – 4 x 8-10 rest 90
- B1 Lying Hamstring Curl – Toes Out – 3 x 6-8 rest 10
- B2 Bent Over BB Row – 3 x 8-10 rest 10
- B3 DB Forward Lunge – 3 x 8-10 e/s rest 90
- C1 Seated DB Curl – 3 x 10-12 rest 10
- C2 Flat DB Triceps Extensions – 3 x 10-12 rest 10
- C3 Seated DB Lateral Raise – 3 x 12-15 rest 10
- C4 Prone Lower Trap Raise – 3 x 12-15 rest 60
- Stick to the rest periods. 10s rest between sets gives you enough time to go from one exercise to the other. Do not stop for water, to chat, change the track on your iPod etc, this can be done during the longer rest periods (except the chatting!).
- Push yourself. Be honest, at the end of each session ask could I have lifted a little more or pushed a little harder? On a scale of 1-10 how hard was that workout? Anything below a 7 and you need to step it up.
- The progression on this workout comes from the increased weights you will use each week. If you do exactly the same as last time then the benefits will be minimised.
- Tempo on all exercises should be controlled, you need to be able to feel the relevant muscles working, if you can’t then decrease the weight a little and use proper form.
A1 Romanian Deadlift
A2 Incline DB Press
B1 Lying Hamstring Curl (Toes Out)
B2 Bent Over BB Row
B3 DB Forward Lunge
C1 Seated DB Curl
C2 Flat Tricep Extensions
C3 Seated DB Lateral Raise
C4 Prone Lower Trap Raise
This workout is perfect for those that have completed the beginner phase and are ready to continue with their fat loss.
For best results, perform this routine 3 times per week. Obviously if you are looking to lose body fat, you must be mindful of your nutrition and ensure you are consuming the correct amount of calories, to find out how any calories you should consume, please read how much should I eat to lose weight?